Price Check?

SuarezD

Beta member
So, I'm going to college here soon, and I've decided to give up PC gaming, so I'm looking to sell my custom built computer, and I have no idea what it's worth. Sure I could add up everything and try and break even with how much I spent on it, but everyone knows it never works like that. Anyway, specs are as followed:

CPU: Intel i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10 GHz
RAM: 8 GB (G. Skill 2x4GB)
HDD: 1 TB (Seagate)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Monitor: ASUS Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers

If there's anything not listed that you'd like to know feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability

i3-2100 is a strong i3. Too bad people these days see way too much into whether it's i3, i5, or i7, and not the model or technology behind it... It really is a good CPU, and this looks like a good build. Good luck!

Personally I think £500 - £600 is rather a lot and a bit ambitious.

You can get a brand new 3rd gen i5 with 2Tb HDD and 8Gb RAM for £340. . . .Zoostorm Desktop PC - Desktops | Ebuyer.com

Granted you will have to buy a monitor, graphics card and OS but still.
Then add on the 2nd hand price decrease and I wouldn't like to pay more than £300 for that machine?

That's around $460.

My advice would be to have a quick browse around at equivalent spec'd new machines in the states and then minus a "premium" for it being second hand.

yes but that machine has basic psu, mobo and ram compared to his branded parts.

you wouldnt get that mobo secondhand for less than £80
i3 2100 £60
ram £45
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti £60
seagate 1tb £20
ASUS Black 23" Full HD HDMI £100

yeah actually £300 sounds about right

It's used. It lost 1/3 of it's value first time you turned it on. And why pay you what you gave for the parts when I can buy brand new, under warranty, for the same amount?
But don't let that discourage you. Put a small ad in your local Sunday paper.

Back
Top Bottom