Seeing contents of Midi Karaoke DVD then moving to HD

Ntertainment

Beta member
I run a karaoke business. I needed to have foreign language karaoke. I bought a machine off of Amazon. It's nice, but i have to work it with a remote control and it only has a few video out options.

I current use Virtual DJ and i go out of my PC HDMI to a 4 way splitter and then out to the TVs. I really want to move all the music from the DVD over to the hard drive so i can do everything from one spot. It would streamline my job like crazy and be a lot better performance for the guests i have.

Here is the problem. I don't know what format the files are in. I can't see them. I have opened folder options and selected to see hidden files and also to show system files. Nothing shows up in the DVD when i put it in the computer. Just that there is a DVD there and a Desktop.ini file It does not play in any DVD player program.

This DVD contains 50000+ songs, i believe they are in MIDI format. I really only need the music and lyrics of course, the background videos would be a plus but are not needed.

what players are you trying to use? as windows media should play midi files? did this disc come with the foreign language karaoke machine?

I tried WMP and VLC players. I tried Virtual DJ Pro to see if that could find files on the DVD. When I pop the disk in though I can't see any physical files on the DVD. No .VOB files, nothing.

Yes it came with a karaoke machine. That machine reads CD+g and midi karaoke dvds.

Back
Top Bottom