First time at building a gaming rig

Oh right, lol, no I hadn't. :p Probably is a bit out of my range. Is there a cheaper card that would be nearly as good that I could maybe double up later?

It overclocks itsef? I've never heard of that before, how does it work?

Lots of opinions about watercooling. H100 is pretty comparable to a high end air cooler. But a custom loop will destroy any air cooler on the market. That is not an opinion that is a fact.

Lots of opinions about watercooling. H100 is pretty comparable to a high end air cooler. But a custom loop will destroy any air cooler on the market. That is not an opinion that is a fact.

That's true but if you don't really need it, then why bother? Not every one knows how to design and install a liquid cooling system. For a first build the skill level is very low.

As Seti has just basically said your better off sticking with ordinary cooling than trying water cooling and being a first time PC builder..

Really? Unfortunately I have already ordered it so I am kinda stuck now unless it doesn't fit or isn't any good, so there isn't much I can do at this point. :p

0k, I have the card reader and power supply on order, it's just the graphics card or cards now. I've read your suggestions and I think they are good, but I'm wondering, is the gtx 770 or 780 enough of an upgrade that it might be worth getting just one now and then adding a second card later when they are a lot cheaper? My thinking is that if I order two 660's I will have to completely replace them at some point, but if the others are good enough I could just buy a second one when they are cheaper. This is probably wrong but I just want to check before I buy. :p What do you all think?

Last edited:
Really? Unfortunately I have already ordered it so I am kinda stuck now unless it doesn't fit or isn't any good, so there isn't much I can do at this point. :p

0k, I have the card reader and power supply on order, it's just the graphics card or cards now. I've read your suggestions and I think they are good, but I'm wondering, is the gtx 770 or 780 enough of an upgrade that it might be worth getting just one now and then adding a second card later when they are a lot cheaper? My thinking is that if I order two 660's I will have to completely replace them at some point, but if the others are good enough I could just buy a second one when they are cheaper. This is probably wrong but I just want to check before I buy. :p What do you all think?

dont get 660's lol you mean 760's.

i see your thinking but the outlay for the 760 in SLI is better value for money, you wont need to change those cards for many years.

Back
Top Bottom