Build Question

whats the Pc going to be used for? I would upgrade the GPU not the CPU.

Only need a different cooler if doing a heavy overclock, and then that would depend on the case size etc.

there is nothing wrong with the asus blu ray he has picked? and 850w is overkill for his build..why waste funds on things that are not needed?

I didn't need it either. But like any smart system builder I have planned ahead. Future expansion will require more power. So I budgeted in a PSU with room to spare.
If you get a PSU with just enough power to push your basic setup, in the future when you add some power hungry devices, you wind up having to replace the old with a new high power one. Why spend twice when spending once is smarter?

As for the ASUS Blu-ray it's just a little pricey at 58.99. While the LG has the same specs at 39.99. A savings of 19.00 US dollars. Take that and put it toward the PSU.

If you stop to compare specs on devices you'll find quite a few have the same specs. And that you can get the same device for a lot less. Brand loyalty is all fine and good, but once you peel back the name brand you find a lot of private labeling going on. Knowing who is making those products can lead you to the source and better prices.

I Upgrade the PSU to a 750W because 850 still seems like Over kill and switched out the Asus with LG. And right now I'm happy with this build hoping i can get it by October

Good deal. October? Man it's just August. Keep an eye on prices. Some of the Newegg shell shockers will blow you away.

sorry seti, when i looked at lg blu ray's they where more expensive, hence my comment, but i was looking at higher spec ones :facepalm:. i stand corrected lol. :lol:

Stick with the PSU (Corsair TX750 V2) you got now. It's made by Seasonic and that's the only brand I'll trust.

Not too crazy about the mobo though. I'd prefer Asus/Gigabyte.

Back
Top Bottom