Hardest or Simplest things first

Which difficulty first?

• Hardest

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Simplest

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
It really depends on the list. I can't think of any list that doesn't have a priority though. I know that it's been said that there is no priority or they all have the same priority, but I've never had a list like that. Unless I count the list at home "laundry, dishes, mow, etc" but even then, when I'm out of plates that the priority or if I'm out of underwear then that's the priority.

Regardless, I'm lazy and a procrastinator, so it's always easiest first for me.

Why do today, what can be put off until tomorrow
Procrastinators of the world unite, tomorrow

For me this depends on many other things rather than difficulty - priority will usually denote my order or execution, unless it's something I'm procrastinating over because I *really* don't want to do it.

Where this applies to me most is in coding, so I'll talk in that sense - all things being equal, I'll generally grab the low hanging fruit first. Why? It helps me get into the right mindset, understand the codebase whilst solving some real issues, and I can take as much time as I need on the hard issues without worrying that I haven't achieved anything.

I try to do the hard stuff first because they can be tiring and I want to be fresh on it. Later the easy stuff won't be so bad.

If ive got a number of tasks with the same deadline like i did with various pieces of work when i was studying ill bust out the harder ones first because usually its easier to smash through an easy piece of work last minute whereas the harder ones require lots of time thinking etc .

when it comes to housework there never really is easy or hard its just jobs get done at certain times of the day so in the morning if im working late I will put laundry on , then in the evening before I go to bed its walk the dog put the rubbish out and wash the dishes , same routine most of the time certain jobs like cleaning out the garage or doing maintenance on the car or bike wait till days off work not because they are hard but because they are time consuming

When i go to the gym and lift i do my "harder " lifts like squats and deadlifts first because the potential for injury doing these tired is high and even if im too tired to complete a few of the smaller lifts im getting the epic benefits from the big lifts

Back
Top Bottom