Random Chit Chat

I am getting a new portable HDD as I need it for my course to store VMware files, I am getting a 320GB but what would be the ideal size..

I have a 500 gigger from WD that has served me well for years now. It's small in size making it easy to store away when not being used. And the price wasn't too bad all things considered.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

I so totally want to build a pc with a SSD just to see how awesomely fast it would boot up. Saw some vids on youtube and was impressed.

Would 8 seconds be quick enough for you. I was skeptical about getting one but when a good brand went on sale I nabbed it and haven't looked back since.

I have a 500 gigger from WD that has served me well for years now. It's small in size making it easy to store away when not being used. And the price wasn't too bad all things considered.

I might just get the 320GB and use my current 500GB one for VMware , I just want to keep the VMware files separate from my personal files and so that way it will be more organised.

Btw Seti I like your location you set "Setitopia" ;)

Setishock, I could live with that. I think my laptop takes a minute and a half.

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

Wondering everybodies opinions on Windows 8. So how about it?

I'm working on a new story so I thought I'd give the setting a name.
It's about the results of designing a device and selling it. In the story the revenue from the sales rival most countries yearly budget affording me to have the funds to buy a large island. With a hand picked staff we terra form the island to our liking. A resort on the beach. Labs and research facilities for the nerdy types to work in with state of the art factories to make the things we need. We live there in some rural areas and have a couple of major cities. Since we're on an island our scientists got together and solved the problem of cold fusion. We have the only working reactor on the planet.
The star product is a chip that through its programming, does just about anything you could think of. It's called The Widget.
The story revolves around the day to day goings on on the island. Gets interesting as I'm a ho dog to the ladies that inhabit the place.

It's in the planning stages and will be put to paper some time this fall.

Last edited:
I've tried it out and I love it, A lot of people don't like "metro" and I don't as I am always used to loading straight to the desktop, I wasn't really phased about not having a start button..
I found myself gravitating toward the desktop. I don't have windows 8 on my pc but I was on a pc with windows 8. I can't really decide if I would like it or not. I'm sure I would get used to it. I kind of went from windows 98 to windows xp to 7. I think I'm just used to 7 and fear 8.

Personally, I hate windows 8. It seems to have a good core, but Microroft has to force an atrocious tablet interface on everyone, despite the fact the vast majority of their users don't have a touchscreen. I set up a laptop for a friend last month and had to install a start menu replacement program because neither of us could figure out how to do anything. I often found myself digging through windows explorer because so many programs were inexplicably missing from the "all programs" list. Overall an awful experience.

Spent some time using Win8. About a week and a half. I liked it once I got used to it. It does work well. I did not have a touch screen. Once I sorted out where everything was and how to access everything, it was quite nice. I used the keyboard shortcuts more than ever. I don't mind it at all, once you are used to it. That being said, I try not to recommend it to anyone still. It takes a certain level of willingness to try new things and to adjust your own thinking about things to get to know it and to start to like it.

Back
Top Bottom