Best Laptop for Gaming and School?

socc3rb4lla03

Beta member
Can anyone let me know what the best laptop for gaming is (good graphics card) that also doubles for school. Cheap would be good.

Cheap gaming laptops don't exist.

The only laptops that would suffice for gaming are either created for just that (e.g. Alienware i.e. expensive) or those with high-end dedicated graphics cards, usually for digital media development (also expensive).

You're best option to meet in the middle is something like a refurbished HP Elitebook Workstation. They have the high(er) end graphics cards, but you're still going to be shelling out some dough for those too.

I personally have an older Probook that has a dedicated Radeon HD 4350 that I can play games on the lowest quality, but in my experience, you'll pay a kings ransom for a good gaming laptop.

If anyone else knows a better solution, please chime in.

Yes you can. The point being made is if you want to play modern games on a laptop you're going to have to go high end.

If I was you buy a cheap laptop for school and build a gaming desktop for the £1500 you will spend on a gaming laptop you can spend £1000 for a high end desktop and £500 on a nice laptop and then you suit both needs way better that 1 gaming laptop

Laptops aren't really designed for gaming and a lot of people don't really understand that. You'd be better off spending a heap of money on building a custom desktop that would be more capable of running hardcore games then buying a laptop that would struggle to run really intense games..

Laptops aren't really designed for gaming and a lot of people don't really understand that.

Say whaaaaaaaat?

Go to Google and type in "Gaming", the top suggested item is "Gaming laptops".
There are plenty and plenty of laptops that are designed specifically for mobile gaming. I think the "confusion" is more related to cost and availability. The cost of production on a gaming laptop doesn't have a required higher input cost than the cost of production on say a netbook. The consumer price delta however, is much much greater because of the common belief that laptops are not meant for gaming and it's hard for a manufacturer to do.

It's just not true.

The point, again, is that they exist but are far overpriced by manufacturers (notoriously Alienware) because people don't truly understand the fact that the input cost is much the same as any other laptop... It's an assembly line just with different parts.

@OP,
This is a good laptop and fair deal.

Back
Top Bottom