How to unblock java application?

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
I was setting up a minecraft server, when java popped up and asked me if it wanted to keep blocking or unblock the application. I accidentally clicked keep blocking, and now I can't connect to my server from another computer.

I looked in the java control panel, and I cant find how to unblock blocked applications, any help?

Getting real tired of this where no one replies for a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm taking a WAG here. But you think the java console put the app in the deny list in the firewall?

Could you verify that under Java Control Panel > Advanced > Mixed code (sandboxed vs. trusted) security verification, you've got the setting as Enabled?

The only way I've ever been able to fix was to completely remove Java...

Uninstall
Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Java
Delete C:\ProgramData\Sun
Delete %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*
Delete %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Sun

Run the registry cleaner in CCleaner until no errors are reported.

Turn off your PC and then unplug

While unplugged, press the power button multiple times to drain the capacitors and clear your RAM.

Reinstall Java and click allow this time :)

Good luck

start > control panel > windows firewall > (second option from the top in the left pane) allow a program or feature through the windows firewall

select the details, and network type that you find this application ok for.

if you can't find the program that you previously blocked try pressing add other program and add the java program to the list of allowed programs.

also in advanced settings you can change your allow deny list.

also a week? it was two hours after you posted?

start > control panel > windows firewall > (second option from the top in the left pane) allow a program or feature through the windows firewall

select the details, and network type that you find this application ok for.

if you can't find the program that you previously blocked try pressing add other program and add the java program to the list of allowed programs.

also in advanced settings you can change your allow deny list.

also a week? it was two hours after you posted?

Tried that with windows firewall, did not work. I didn't have much other than the server on it, so I reinstalled. Had to call Microsoft because the wonderful 1 use product key, but its fixed and running now.

Back
Top Bottom