Firefox 22 having problems

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
I updated firefox on both of my systems(windows 7 and ubuntu 12.04lts both 64 bit) and have been having some problems.

On my windows 7 machine, its very clunky and slow, it freezes up every 10 seconds or so, and often asks me to kill unresponding scripts. Having more/less tabs open does not affect this. Specs is 2.9ghz quad core and 4gb of ram.

On my ubuntu machine, it has no problems despite being much slower at 2.1ghz dual core and 4gb ram.

On both systems, while on youtube, if you click show comment to a reply, the reply dissapears and becomes about a 3" white box, which becomes very annoying when you are on the infamous comment reply journeys or trying to enjoy a internet fight between some 12 year olds with popcorn.

Update: its deffinatly firefox causing the problem, installed chrome on the 7 machine, despite having lower bandwidth due to update and defrag going on in the background, it is having none of firefox's problems

Any help with these?

Last edited:
Tried running ccleaner?

Yes, I run it weekly and ran it after finding these problems, registry scan too.

I also used it to disable java and addons windows decides I need on firefox (live sign in id, picture veiwer, xps veiwer, etc).

I had multiple problems with FireFox, so i found and alternative like FireFox called PaleMoon, it is a easier and faster version for firefox, try it out, highly recommend, (its just like FireFox!!)

What about normal mode though? Safe mode is almost always clunky for me because it lacks access to various acceleration technology.

Back
Top Bottom