Help me out?

WiZZ

Solid State Member
I came across this computer on Futureshop Website "HP Pavilion 500 Desktop Computer.

Specs: AMD A10-6700
3.7Ghz
8GB DDR3
1 TB 7200 RPM
Radeon 8570 2GB

Price: 569.99

But I a also saw this one at the store, I remember most of the specs but bare with me.

Specs: i7-3770k
3.2 or 3.7Ghz ( I dont remember which)
6GB DDR3
1 TB
GTX 620 2GB ( Want to upgrade to 650 or 660)

Price: 659.99

I dont know much about AMD, but I do know a little bit about Intel and i know the 620 is not good, and when i upgrade the graphics card i may have to upgrade the power supply. So my question is. Am i better off with the first computer? Is the graphics card up to date and what would need to be upgraded.

I thought it was just out of date, seeing that they are in the 700 series. Im not too experienced with what is better or not. I just know how to build them and take em apart

For GeForce cards, it is important to note whether it is GTX or GT (or GTS). In general, for similar series, GTX cards are more powerful than GTS cards, which are more powerful than GT cards.

On another note, the M trailing behind the number notes for "mobile," which are usually less powerful cards (but probably unavoidable for mobile devices).

The numbers are almost always confusing. They do this to compete with other brands and to push sales. Don't chase the numbers.

For example, in most real life scenarios, you probably would find GTX 460 more powerful than GT 645, and GT 645 more powerful than GT 750M. You really need to refer to benchmarks that convey your purpose to make a proper decision.

Again (I really can't stress this enough), don't chase the numbers! :)

Thanks for telling me that, i never knew about GTX GTS GT, and M but its a GTX 620 2GB i believe. Thanks alot for the help. Im aiming more towards the i7-3770k

Be sure to check again, ask the vendor to verify product details if you must. AFAIK, there is no GTX 620, but only GT 620. In which case the Radeon 8570 would be the more powerful card.

I will check again it may be just a GT, but if its teh GT would it be worth upgrading it to a GTX 650 or just buying the other computeR?

Gaming, and maybe streaming but streaming just depends on if it can.
I will be upgrading the computer in the future if I need to no matter what. I just want a computer that can run some games at a playable rate

You definitely need a better graphics card for decent gaming. I am not that into GTX 650 though. To put it in perspective, GTX 550 Ti has comparable performance, but is usually cheaper. It'll work with most modern games, however it's not a very attractive card.

Back
Top Bottom