Building computer need advice.

beckydism

Beta member
Hey,

I thought I had my computer all set up and ready.
But I am a paranoid person who is now doubting everything she knows.
So basically. I would like a computer that is capable of HD editing using Premiere pro.
I am also a gamer and would love a PC that can keep up with games like skyrim and future cool games that i know I will want to play.
I have a top end budget of £1200 ish. Preferably lower (you never know)

The following are what are causing me problems -
Whether to buy or build.
Where to buy computer/components from (where is best)
i5 or i7?
etc etc.

Basically, I would like you to delve into your brains and suggest what to do. I know that building is often cheaper. I am happy to go down that route. I just want to know what components are best. Whether some work better together. I know what all the bits do it's the brands/compatibility that confuse me

Thanks hopefully this is kind of clear. If it's not clear don't hesitate to ask quesitons :p
- Becky

Not from the UK so I'll leave the first question alone. :)

Don't be tricked into the i5 or i7 categorisation. You have to check the specific model against various benchmarks. A strong i5 might be more powerful than a weak i7.

For a gamer and/or editing computer, you might want to consider:
  • A strong graphics card
  • A mixture of SSD and HDD for your storage system (SSD for fast loading time, HDD for storage)

Thanks for getting back to me.

I know what I need. I need a strong graphics card. Lots of ram. And definitely would like to have the SSD as well as a hard drive.

What I would like to know is what brands people suggest. Also can there be issues of compatibility between brands

- Becky

Back
Top Bottom