Help needed on new laptop

robwalters04

Baseband Member
Hi Guys,
my laptop has been playing up for a long time so getting a new one.

I am wanting to get either a powerful laptop or a desktop computer, which i will use for hd video editing, gaming ect.

My budget is around 300-600

I know i need a good processor, and a dedicated video card.

just wondered if anyone could show me some examples, or know of any good deals.

Cheers Guys :)

I'm not sure you will get what you need for that sort of budget.

Although as you don't seem fussed on either a laptop or PC, I would get a PC. Usually more powerful than a laptop for the same price.

Mossiac

Hi Rob,

Don't be put off by the first negative comment, for £600 you can get a very healthy powerful PC.
You can get an adequate laptop too but for real grunt it has to be a desktop.
My recommendation would nearly ALWAYS be to build your own pc if you can, if you can't and are willing to learn we are here to help.

Motherboard: Asus P8H77-V LE Z77 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX.. | Ebuyer.com

Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache.. | Ebuyer.com

Memory: Corsair 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz Red Vengeance Memory.. | Ebuyer.com

SSD Drive: Kingston 240GB HyperX 3K SSD 2.5" SATA-III Read.. | Ebuyer.com

Graphics: MSI GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 HDMI DVI DisplayPort PCI-E.. | Ebuyer.com

All coming in at just a tad under £600.

Now admittedly you still need a case, PSU and storage drive BUT let's assume you could use an old case and old storage drive leaving you with just a power supply to buy.

Bot too shabby for the price.

I wouldn't buy either one of them to be honest. I just don't like the way the ad is worded. Makes me leary of them. All those numbers are listed that way to instill the "OOO, AHH" factor. Designed to put stars in your eyes and open your wallet.
Keep shopping...
You're going to be a lot happier being able to pick and choose what goes under the hood. Build your own.

Back
Top Bottom