Laptop Freeze

KJLai

In Runtime
Hey fellahs,

I have a slight problem with my laptop. For some reason it keeps freezing, and i would have to wait about 5-10 minutes for it to unfreeze. Do you think it may be a problem with the ram on the laptop or maybe the processor?

My guess it is the RAM.

Laptop - Sony Vaio VPCEE25FX
OS - Windows 7 Home Pre. 64-bit
Processor - AMD Anthlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor (2CPUs), ~ 2.1ghz
Memory - 4096MB

I really dont have much stuff running at a time.. mostly anti-virus, the web(about 3 tabs) and pretty much it.

Let me know what you guys think!!

Thanks

Not yet, because im trying to locate where or what /r is >.< am getting a bit confused. haha :facepalm: sorry.

When you type in chkdsk add a space then /r. Goes in the CMD prompt.

My money's on it's over heating. Reason is you wait for a few minutes and it comes back to life. Check the vents. If they're clogged up that restricts airflow. Also where you have it running can makes problems. Laptop is a misnomer. If you sit it on your lap or the covers of your bed it can block the airflow. I have a friend that would resort to laying his on a cookie sheet just to have a hard flat surface for it to sit on.

Sorry, it has been a while, been out of town for the week, Ive tried the chkdsk /r but its giving me an

"Access Denied as you do not have the sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode."

What does this mean?

Click the start button and type CMD in the search box. You will see CMD show up in the results. Right click on it and select run as administrator.

OhSnapWord's instruction is correct; the error message meant that you needed administrator access.

Back
Top Bottom