Banksy

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know who he really is?

How in this day and age can someone actually remain anonymous?

What are you favourite pieces of his work?

Is it possible that many pieces claimed to be Banksy's art are people pretending to be him?

Does he recieve any money for any of his work?

So many questions, such an intriguing character!

That's staged. You don't break in to a museum anywhere and spend hours un-noticed by security in some form or fashion. I call BS on that.

Fristly,

I'm not convinced that all Banksy's are actually banksys.

Though I've seen enough of them as I used to live in Bristol. my favourite is probably the one with the teddy bear throwing a petrol bomb, (mild mild west) mostly because this is one that I randomly saw just around the corner from where I lived in St Pauls, and actually laughed out loud in the street.

(the title mild mild west is probably a reference to the area of the country mostly described as the west country...)

Other than that this idea that banksy only comes out at night and hides his identity is probably rubbish, a lot of his work is in difficult to reach places, (like the girl hanging out of a window on a building in Clifton. I call BS on the idea that he shows up on his own, with multiple cans of paint in different colours, huge stencils and a ladder to actually reach that part of the building.

Most likely the dude works either with a person or with a group of people.

I saw some people creating something that was akin to the work that banksy does on a new building near to the square in St Pauls, a couple of people, with stencils and paint. -probably not actually banksy, but neither you nor I could probably tell the difference anyway as it's not like some old master where you can identify an artist by the brush strokes.

don't get me wrong. I do rather like the "work" that he does, but then I find a lot of graffiti (-especially when done well or with a joke or clever reference) quite good / artistic.

Yeah but i think that all adds to the mystery.

What makes something that he has done actually Banksy's work?
Perhaps he if he is a he? Done 1 or two pieces of work and then other anonymous groups have started doing it and putting it under his name?

I guess noone can be sure.

But i do like the idea of it, it's more something that you want to believe in than the facts etc that are there

Back
Top Bottom