USB3.0 Express Card Driver

Old_School2

Solid State Member
I purchased a USB3.0 Express Card on eBay. It didn't have a driver disk. I can't seem to find on with google. It's the wide card with three USB ports so I would really like to use it. It's made in China and on the front it's marked as:

AKE
EXPRESS TO
USB3.0 CARD
3 PORTS

EXPRESS
CARD ExpressCard

I would appreciate any help in locating a driver for this card.

Thanks

Don

What is your OS? You shouldn't need to install a driver manually on most modern OS.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional with all updates. I understand that Windows 8 does have support, but I kind of like 7. The Laptop that I'm running is a Dell XPS M1530. Thank's for your help.

Don

My apology. I was under the impression that Windows 7 developed support for it; and I actually used it on one of my machines -- but I guess the support is still not built-in through updates.

Anyway, back on topic. :)

Please download the Renesas driver [plugable.com] and give it a try. This is basically the same as NEC and just might work.

Good luck.

Thanks Dale. I have already tried the Renesas driver from plugable.com with no success. Sorry, I should have given a more thorough description of the platform I was using. Right now I'm stuck. I really appreciate your help.

Don

Here is another Renesas driver [myweb.hinet.net] from another source (from a Taiwanese Internet auction site selling AKE card actually). The version number is different from the one from plugable.com. You might want to give it a try.

And some Asmedia drivers that claimed to work.

Sorry that you have to go through this.

Thanks again Dale, I've downloaded them and will try them out. I don't mind going through this. Any engineer worth anything is a puzzle solver, and I'm a good engineer. So bring 'em on...

Thanks again

As a last resort, I started rummaging around on eBay looking for a card that matched mine and had the driver disk. About the third one I checked had a link to download driver, so I did. Worked fine. Beyond me why a manufacturer would make it so difficult to support their product. In any case, problem solved. Thank's for your help, I appreciate it.

Don

Back
Top Bottom