video card problem?

Nallaflodur

Beta member
I am installing a gigabyte geforce n210 video card (PCIe)with 1gb memory into my computer:I disabled the onboard video removed all video drivers, Installed the video card
in the pcie 16 slot in the motherboard , after booting the computer I installed the video card drivers from the supplied disk. Rebooted as instructed , after rebooted it showed the video card as installed and windows comes up, but when i go and use any program , the computer either just crawls along or freezes up, if not immediately but soon after. when a uninstalled it,reset onboard video,booted , the computer booted and ran perfectly: Tried this a few times- but always the same result ( the new video card just slows down or freezes the computer : Any suggestions ( my computer specs: MSI 7268 motherboard 2 GB memory AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU onboard video set at 128MHZ. 160 gb Hard drive 2 dvd burners windows xp sp3 , fully upgraded)

Get the latest drivers from Nvidia's site and specify the OS you're running... that sounds like your drivers are causing issues, not the card.

Personally, I would install the card, then go to the site and use their "Find my driver" option to get the most appropriate software package.

You always install the drivers first then shut down and install the card. This forces windows to see the device and finish loading the driver system.

Back
Top Bottom