Looking For A AntiVirus Program

Eries

Solid State Member
I am looking for a different AntiVirus Program and would like to know which is the best one out there. I have looked at AVG, AVAST, VIPRE and I just had NORTON and I would like to know which one is the very best one?

Also is it safe to go with a FREE AntiVirus Program?

Out of the ones that I have chosen which one does the most for your dollar?

Are they ALL the same and do they do they give you the same protection?

I am looking at there best package.

Hey Man,

I also had the same problem. I had Norton and it literally slowed my PC down really bad. Had my CPU up to 100%. Then as i found out a lo of people recommend some of the ones that you listed. I have on my pc and laptop is ZoneAlarm and Avast. Both work pretty well for me, nothing bad has happened. I am also using the free version as well.

Laptop and computer is perfectly fine. Runs smoothly. Detects something wrong, it wil automatically tell you and that you are protected from it.

There is Avast, AVG, Microsoft Security Essential. If you want a good one then there is NOD ESET 32 which is very good but you need to pay for it.

Quoted from CNET's review of Microsoft Security Essential:
Well, it's mostly anonymous. You can choose between two SpyNet memberships. The basic membership submits to Microsoft the detected software's origins, your response to it, and whether that action was successful, and the advanced membership submits all that plus the location on your hard drive of the software in question, how it operates, and how it has affected your computer. Both basic and advanced versions warn users that personal data might be "accidentally" sent to Microsoft, although they promise to neither identify nor contact you. New in version 2 is the option to opt out of contributing to SpyNet while still receiving the benefits of crowd-sourced security.
Are you kidding me? "accidentally"? Microsoft making promises to not identify nor contact you? You can not be serious...

I use it on my computer and lots of my relatives computers....they've never contacted me. :)

I used Norton (paid for) and am not very happy with it. Its 97 Mb. I just installed Avast. Its 360Mb. I ask the same question you did on multiple forums and that why I choose Avast. Another recommendation I received was Avira. By the way, I was asking about free versions.

I recommend that you pay for a full anti virus protection with definition updates .....alot of these free malware protection programs lacks alot in its ability to get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom