Slow internet speed

I tried to do the PerfMon log and it said parameter incorrect...

I.ve posted the Hi Jack log as well but its got to be approved by an administrator before it will post.

CPU; HP Pavilion slimline S3000
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x 2 Dual Core processor 4400 + 230 Ghz
2 GB

Thank you

Last edited:
OK, for starters, please run HijackThis again. This time, use fix on the following items.

WebCake related:
  • C:\Users\Astell\AppData\Roaming\WebCake\WebCakeDes ktop.exe
  • O2 - BHO: WebCake Layers - {2A5A2A90-3B30-4E6E-A955-2F232C6EF517} - C:\Program Files (x86)\WebCake\WebCakeIEClient.dll
  • O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WebCake Desktop] "C:\Users\Astell\AppData\Roaming\WebCake\WebCakeDe sktop.exe"
  • O23 - Service: WebCake Desktop Updater - WebCake LLC - C:\Program Files (x86)\WebCake\WebCakeDesktop.Updater.exe

Mysearchdial related:
  • R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = Mysearchdial Search
  • O2 - BHO: mysearchdial Helper Object - {EF5625A3-37AB-4BDB-9875-2A3D91CD0DFD} - C:\PROGRA~2\MYSEAR~1\bh\mysearchdial.dll
  • O3 - Toolbar: mysearchdial Toolbar - {3004627E-F8E9-4E8B-909D-316753CBA923} - C:\PROGRA~2\MYSEAR~1\mysearchdialTlbr.dll

MyPC Backup related:
  • O4 - Startup: MyPC Backup.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPC Backup\MyPC Backup.exe
  • O23 - Service: Computer Backup (MyPC Backup) (BackupStack) - Just Develop It - C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPC Backup\BackupStack.exe

Other:
  • O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233} - (no file)
Of course, there is a level of discretion here. If you are certain that you need the item, you need not fix it. But I recommend fixing all of the above.

You also have both AVG and avast! installed. You should never run two anti-virus software at the same time. Uninstall one and make sure it is done so thoroughly.

You might also want to uninstall Windows Live Writer if you are not using it.

From the looks of it, your browsing experience is slow because you simply have too many things going on. Toolbars, protection software, etc. On top of this the machine is not too powerful, so things start to slow down.

After all this, re-do a HijackThis log without fix, and then post the log again. Thanks. :)

Thank you Dale that has helped a lot.

However, I cannot find Windows Live Writer in the progam files.

I didn't intentionally download it...so not sure where it can be hiding? I seemed to have picked up all kinds of rubbish on 16/7 which I.ve also got rid of. So any help where I.d perhaps find Live Writer? thanks

Back
Top Bottom