switch video card

Gmodders

Beta member
I plan on getting rid of my intel (r) g43 express chip video card to replace it with a nvidia geforce gt 620.

The model of my computer is a Gateway SX2802

My question is if the gt 620 can fit into my computer. (Sorry, I'm new to this.)

Also, Would I need to upgrade my Power supply unit to meet the gt 620's power consumption requirements? if so, how much watts? My PSU is at 220 watts.

If there is any other upgrades needed to use the GT 620, please let me know.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome.

The specs of you computer state: 'PCI Express® 2.0 ×16 low-profile graphics card support'
To clarify the situation it would be great if you could post an image of inside your pc :)

As for PSU, you should upgrade that, not just because the GPU requires more, but because i presume its quite an old PC now, so it will be safer and more stable. A Corsair 430w would do the trick nicely :)

The specs of you computer state: 'PCI Express® 2.0 ×16 low-profile graphics card support'
To clarify the situation it would be great if you could post an image of inside your pc :)

Sure

comp.jpg

if you need anymore images of the computer, let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
As for PSU, you should upgrade that, not just because the GPU requires more, but because i presume its quite an old PC now, so it will be safer and more stable. A Corsair 430w would do the trick nicely :)

Will do. thanks for the tip

edit:

Do I always need mod approval for posts that contains images and links?

Back
Top Bottom