Virus or not?

ubercool

Solid State Member
Hi

As soon as I started the task managher after turning my laptop on it showed my CPU usage as almost 50% and then the usage gradually reduced to 6 to 20%. Here is a snapshot of my task manager screen taken few minutes after starting , I see there are a lot of svchost.exe files running. Could there be a virus on my system?

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 20
Svchost.exe is not malicious. It is actually a system file that is responsible for managing services that run in the background.

It can be used for malicious purposes though. If a bad guy was to gain access to your computer he could run executable files in the background like OhSnapWord mentioned. For example: he could run the command line without you knowing it since it takes practically no power to operate.

If you have heaps of program's that need to startup after the computer has booted up then its hard to determine, I have a lot of program's in my laptop that need to launch after she's booted and she takes a few minutes before she's ready to rumble whereas my Dell has hardly anything only Avast antivirus and loads very quick..

Back
Top Bottom