Building A New PC

CarbonzzX

Beta member
Hi guys! It's my first using these forums and it's my birthday coming up so i decided to get some new parts for my PC. My current PC specs
AMD Phenom II X4 3.4ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 ti 1gb
GSkill 4gb ram
2 x 80mm Fans
500w PSU
Some Crappy asus mobo
Some Crappy Japanese case

So i am thinking of upgrading some parts. Here are the parts i am upgrading
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550ti 1gb > Palit GTX 650 Ti boost 2gb
GSkill ram 4gb > GSkill ram 8gb 2x4
Coolermaster Elite 430
Some crappy asus mobo > Asus M5A78L-M LX3

And thats about it really. If you guys think i could do any better with the parts i'm going to upgrade, please let me know. The budget i am aiming for is around £250
Regards,
Sam

I've heard that the fx's dont perform as well as the phenoms. Although now that we have 4.2ghz cpus from that side I think that's a null.

In some tests, the Bulldozer FX chips are slower than the Phenoms. The Piledriver chips are superior in every way. I went from an 1100T to an 8350 and I haven't looked back.

"Some crappy asus mother board"
If you're going to go any sort of performance cpu chip you better up your game with a performance mother board. You come across as a typical newbie who has no idea.
All parts of a build have to perform well together or you're warping toward a disaster. It will give you major head aches. Better to sit back and do your homework on what you want it to do verses what it's going to take verses what you have to budget out.
This should be good...

"Some crappy asus mother board"
If you're going to go any sort of performance cpu chip you better up your game with a performance mother board. You come across as a typical newbie who has no idea.
All parts of a build have to perform well together or you're warping toward a disaster. It will give you major head aches. Better to sit back and do your homework on what you want it to do verses what it's going to take verses what you have to budget out.
This should be good...

Dude, Calm down. I am new to this sort of thing so yeah. I have done quite a bit of research actually thus why i am asking on the forums of what is the best thing(s) to get.

Back
Top Bottom