Chkdsk Won't Run

BK_123

Golden Master
Hi guys. A few days ago I've started to have issues with iTunes, A message was appearing saying install files were corrupt, I tried repairing iTunes but no luck, I tried uninstalling iTunes but it wouldn't let me even with a 3rd party tool. After I Googled error code 2330 people had been saying it was a disk error. I ran chkdsk and it would run and then after finish saying "CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode.", I am running it from the commandline as an admin. I've tried running system restore but no luck, I've tried scheduling it run when windows start but it will display an error code "unspecified error 766f6c756d652e63 3f1", chkdsk error (766f6c756d652e63 3f1) on windows 7 system - Microsoft Community.

Please help, I don't want to have to reinstall Windows as that's a last resort.

What OS are you using? Depending, there can be other tools you can try if you already tried system restore..

If its windows XP let me know....
Windows Vista and 7 you can try the install CD and try to do a chkdsk from the cmd prompt repair menu. chkdsk /r or try the startup repair...

Ok, So I just followed the guide that Seti linked me and it worked fine and I was able to repair iTunes. Thanks all for your help..

Back
Top Bottom