Laptop Says Reinstall Software, do not have disk

CocoaPuffs

Beta member
Hello everyone,

My sister was gifted a HP laptop. It's OS is Windows Vista. At first it was asking for a product key. Well, it was taken to the shop and they had to install a new motherboard. So it was saying enter product key, that didn't work. Now the laptop is saying reinstall windows software. She does not have the disks. I was googling and saw this item on amazon's website, it is Windows Vista 64 Bit Recovery Boot Disc Disk CD [ALL VERSIONS, 2012 Latest]. Will we be able to use this item to circumvent paying the tech guy to reinstall the software? Is there anything we can do besides dishing out 60 dollars? Your input is so appreciated.

As Dale said you have lost your product key, There are free program's like jellybean which can find your product keys or belarc advisor is a good one too.

I appreciate the responses. I will admit, I am not technologically savvy. The computer is now saying reinstall windows software and we do not have the disks. Will the suggestions you all provided help if the computer is asking us to reinstall the software?

Go to my computer and search for system recovery. There should be a program built into the laptop to reset it to factory settings.

From the article I posted, please read under, "How to obtain a replacement product key".

Back
Top Bottom