compaq presario cq62 format

JenRen40

Beta member
Hey everyone I am having some serious problems with my new laptop it don't wanna boot to the desktop at all. I am trying to format but it don't seem to wanna. I tried the F11 key and i get the black screen saying "Loading Windows Files" which means its working then i get a light blue screen (which i think is the beginning of windows install) but nothing shows up and freezes. I have to pull the battery out just to shut off the computer to get rid of it. I also tried popping in the disc and i get the same problem I really need to format the hard drive first before i can do anything. Is there a way of formatting the hd in bios or something? really could use some help

If you have an a windows installation disc, Boot it up, After you have agreed to the agreement click on custom and there it will show you all the drives on your computer, Select the drive you want to format and select the format option at the bottom and it should wipe the drive clean.

Thanks for the reply, but i can't even get to that part. When i boot from the cd it starts with "Loading Files" etc then right after the blue screen pops up and freezes everytime. Is there anyway i can get into bios and type format c? or something

Back
Top Bottom