Driver's refusing to update.

i'm not sure how to check, but after a quick google search apparently i do, not 100% sure though.

i'm not sure how to check, but after a quick google search apparently i do, not 100% sure though.

Dude, I don't know what to tell you, I had the same exact problem with my Geforce 9800 GT a few days ago, and I did the same thing I told you to, and it worked fine

Okay so i go into device manager and uninstall it all like you said, then windows update starts to install the drivers and it just blue screens, then the computer wont boot and i have to do a system recovery.

Ho boy...
When you uninstall the drivers from device manager you are removing the windows interface drivers not the video card drivers. To remove the video card drivers you go to add/remove programs.

Ok let's do this the right way. Go to the maker of the vid card's website and download a copy of the win7 drivers for your card. Then go to add/remove programs and uninstall the video card drivers in there now. Don't freak the system will fall back to the default vga settings. Get Auslogics reg cleaner: Best Free PC Registry Cleaner Software Download. Fix Errors Now! Don't even think of downloading speedboost. Run the reg cleaner.
Now go back to your vid drivers download and run it.

And for the record, never, ever, ever, get hardware drivers from windows update. They don't always have the right version or something's wrong with the file.

Let us know how it comes out.

Ho boy...
When you uninstall the drivers from device manager you are removing the windows interface drivers not the video card drivers. To remove the video card drivers you go to add/remove programs.

Ok let's do this the right way. Go to the maker of the vid card's website and download a copy of the win7 drivers for your card. Then go to add/remove programs and uninstall the video card drivers in there now. Don't freak the system will fall back to the default vga settings. Get Auslogics reg cleaner: Best Free PC Registry Cleaner Software Download. Fix Errors Now! Don't even think of downloading speedboost. Run the reg cleaner.
Now go back to your vid drivers download and run it.

And for the record, never, ever, ever, get hardware drivers from windows update. They don't always have the right version or something's wrong with the file.

Let us know how it comes out.

I thought I made it clear to uninstall the video drivers. Guess I didn't

Back
Top Bottom