Having problems with overclocking.

TimeMuffinPhD

Beta member
Hey, I'm actually very new to the forums here, in fact this is my very first post. But anyway, I bought my PC thinking it should run games at max settings without much disruption, how wrong I was. Perhaps I was a little to quick to buy, but first of all I'll give you PC specs:

Processor: AMD FX 8120 Eight Core Processor 3.10GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti

Not sure what other information I would need to provide. However since it's not been performing the way I want to, the only the option I could think of was overclocking. So if I could get advice for overclocking this card inparticular that would be useful. Or, if you think there's another reason that it's not working that would also be useful. Basically looking for advice on how to improve my PC performance for gaming and all advice is appreciated.

To be honest I think the graphics card is a bit under powerd but it should be fine I have the same cpu as you and it works fine with my game so all I can say is that I think it is you graphics card ?

It's a custom built, it was made on CyberPowerPC.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

I think it's the graphics card aswell, however the advertisements for the graphics card seemed to imply that it would run Crysis 2 flawlessly. So I'm not sure if it's false advertisement or what.

Back
Top Bottom