how can i download my cd to mp3 using my computer?

slamhound

Solid State Member
i have the manual to the mp3 player and it says there's 3 steps, but nothing works. i been experimenting over and over.

it's my own music i created and have it on cd, but would like to have it on my mp3 if possible.

thanks

If you have iTunes or something like it, just import the songs on, otherwise think if the cd as a external USB drive, you put it in and the files, or songs show up then drag the, wherever you want... I think.

If you have iTunes or something like it, just import the songs on, otherwise think if the cd as a external USB drive, you put it in and the files, or songs show up then drag the, wherever you want... I think.
it won't let me drag them. when i have the mp3 plugged into the computer it shows that section on the computer to drag them to, but when i click on it to drag then that round red circle with the line through it shows up.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Are we talking about audio CD?

If not, what file type to MP3?
yes. i mentioned it's a cd.

allow me to clarify again.

i have my songs on a regular ole cd. i want to transfer those songs from that cd to my mp3 player.
in that event i would be using my lap top as a 'middle man' to make the connection to pass through, meaning i don't want to download these songs just to my computer to listen to. i want to hear them on my mp3 player only. even if these songs stay on my computer, as long as i get them on my mp3.

i tried youtube and other engine search links and found nothing. there are video's for this on youtube, but then at the end of the video they realize they can't do it after all.

Yes, great, only that's not what I asked. I asked if this is an audio CD. There are different "types" of CD. If you are not sure what I am asking, please do some research.

i assume it's an audio cd from what Wikipedia explained which wasn't much oddly enough. like i mentioned i have music on it that i want to put on this mp3. i can play this cd on any cd player (i.e. Walkman, stereo or dvd player and the computer). it's one i burnt myself if that makes a difference.

here's what the mp3 instruction manual says (word for word) for downloading/uploading files:
1. open windows explorer on your pc
2. drag mp3 or wma music files and drop to "removable disc" displayed in windows explorer
3. when completed, disconnect player from usb cable

and this is a sansa e100 series mp3 player if that matters.

thanks

You are trying to work an MP3 player, i.e., the Sansa e100.

The instruction manual asked you to drag MP3 or WMA music files (i.e., files ending with .mp3 and .wma) onto the MP3 player's storage space. But you probably did not do this.

Instead, you dragged the files of the audio CD onto the player, which do not end in .mp3 or .wma (please confirm). And so the player did not play them.

If this is the case, please see strollin's (#8) comment as it seems to describe what's happening to you.

Back
Top Bottom