GeForce Bottleneck?

Well what you picked should be fine for you needs.

Funny story, I put that graphics card in, and started playing mafia II. The hardware was set on high because my graphics card can handle it easily. 5 FPS. Oh god. Oh, and the moron that shipped my card didn't include the software that I can control the clock of my graphics card with. Do you know how I get that?

You can use "MSI afterburner" to overclock or underclock your graphic card if that's what you mean by "software that I can control the clock of my graphics card with"

updating the bios is not really That risky. if you don't power down the system while it's flashing the bios, it should work.
i understand why people are a little afraid to do it. because if it fails, you might brick the motherboard.
it's a risk i personally would take myself if that resulted in me buying the CPU that a really want, instead of whatever next best thing is available.

You can use "MSI afterburner" to overclock or underclock your graphic card if that's what you mean by "software that I can control the clock of my graphics card with"

updating the bios is not really That risky. if you don't power down the system while it's flashing the bios, it should work.
i understand why people are a little afraid to do it. because if it fails, you might brick the motherboard.
it's a risk i personally would take myself if that resulted in me buying the CPU that a really want, instead of whatever next best thing is available.

Nevermind about the clock controlling software, I downloaded nVidia System Tools

Got a BIG problem guys :(. I used nvidia system tools to overclock my GPU to the full extent, and now when I boot, and it's on my homescreen for about 5 seconds, and the screen turns black :(

Nevermind that too. I fixed the problem. I switched back to integrated graphics, uninstalled the drivers and software for the graphics card, and now I'm reinstalling them

Hey BikerEcho, do you know of any tutorials of how to flash the bios so I can install a quad core on my mobo??

all motherboard manufactures locate the "flash BIOS" option differently in the bios. it should still be easy to find though.
you download the bios from the manufactures homepage and save it to a USB, then go to the flash bios option and follow the guide.
it's fairly easy. i understand if you want to see someone else do it before you try yourself (i did myself).
try google "(company name) bios flash"
companies uses the same bios structure more times then just 1 single time for a single motherboard.
so for an example, you flash the "Rampage 2 Extreme" in exactly the same way as the "Rampage 2 Gene" and "rampage 3 Extreme"

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

so if you cant find a guide for specifically your motherboard, then just find a motherboard with a similar BIOS

Back
Top Bottom