Building computers to sell to people

ferret249

Solid State Member
I am thinking to building fast and small form factor computers to sell online

the case is already chosen and the psu is already chosen and the ram is already chosen BTW. the psu is 750w and the ram 16gb

But i cant choose between going for a intel core i5 3.20GHz cpu or a AMD FX-6300 x6 3.5GHz

And i also cant choose for going a ASUS 1GB 7750 graphics card or a MSI R7770-PMD1GD5 1G DDR5 graphics card or a Gigabyte GV-R777OC-1GD 1GB graphics card or a MSI N650-1GD5 1GB DDR5 GTX650 graphics card

Specs so far

750w corsair psu
16gb Gskill ram
1tb hitachi HDD
CPU?
GPU?

but whatever i choose i can sell it for around $850 :)

These are the two motherboards I picked

If I go intel Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H mATA Motherboard

If I go amd AsRock 970-Pro3

Just curious. Do you have some wholesale purchasing setup with the makers of the parts you'll be using?

The fact that you don't have a source to buy the parts wholesale and based on the questions you're asking, I think you will have a difficult time making any money at this endeavor. There is a lot of competition out there by companies that are better able to build systems at a low enough cost to be competitive. Those companies that are making money, make it via volume as there isn't a lot of wiggle room on the price of each system to make much profit.

Should you pursue this despite my comments, I wish you luck. Back when Michael Dell started out building systems in his college dorm room the business wasn't quite as cut throat as it is now.

Back
Top Bottom