Business Idea

jnash

Beta member
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some advice. I figured a tech-savvy community like this would be the place to get it.

I've had acquaintances who have sold technology (i.e. computers, iPhones, etc.) internationally (I'm based in the US), so that they were able to make a considerable profit. This has encouraged me to look into it.

Though it may not be within the scope of this site, I figured it worth a shot. Does any one have experience reselling technology internationally?
On that note, are certain countries better to sell to than others?

Thanks,

James

I have a friend that will build PCs here in the US and then ship them to his country in Africa to sell. Computers there cost double than what they cost here so there is room for profit. He gets a good deal shipping them via container.

try it.

Go buy an iphone.
List on ebay with a starting price of what you paid, and list internationally.
Make sure you know what postage will be for those countries and charge accordingly.

Wait for bids to come in. if you;re lucky you make a profit, failing that it doesn't sell and all you loose if the listing fee.

when you made enough money doing that. go visit China or Korea and buy a truck load of branded TV's (they will be cheaper there) then bring them back on a boat and sell them...

the trouble is that to make and kind of decent money doing this you really need to be in a position buy buy in quantity.

a $50 profit on a phone isn't going to make you rich when you;re only selling 1 per week.
sell 100 per week and you're starting to get somewhere!

try it.

Go buy an iphone.
List on ebay with a starting price of what you paid, and list internationally.
Make sure you know what postage will be for those countries and charge accordingly.

Wait for bids to come in. if you;re lucky you make a profit, failing that it doesn't sell and all you loose if the listing fee.

when you made enough money doing that. go visit China or Korea and buy a truck load of branded TV's (they will be cheaper there) then bring them back on a boat and sell them...

the trouble is that to make and kind of decent money doing this you really need to be in a position buy buy in quantity.

a $50 profit on a phone isn't going to make you rich when you;re only selling 1 per week.
sell 100 per week and you're starting to get somewhere!

I think that's the problem, due to the Internet the chances are anything you can offer to an international buyer they can already find from a company buying 1,000s of them making $10 a profit each, where as you want to buy 1 or even a hundred and make more margin.

The Internet means those with enough cash to buy huge stock can get better prices and make smaller margins because they are trading so many.

However I won't say it's impossible, intact I encourage you to give it a go! Everyone starts somewhere and who knows in a couple of year sit could be you buying thousands at a time!

Back
Top Bottom