Softmodding origional Xbox?

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
Alright, haven't been here in a while. Need some help with an Xbox I got.

Its been sitting half apart in my closet for the past year, missing an IDE cable I took out of it while attempting to fix the "broken" cd drive. Yesterday I found it while sorting through a box, and was elated to find that the cd drive in fact, worked. I put in halo 2 this morning and learned why I was trying to do this subject in the first place. It didn't read the disk. I downloaded a copy off the pirate bay, and my xbox thought it was a movie, and told me for the 1 thousandth time about the wireless remote i need to watch movies. Silly xbox...

"well, matt, save up $5 bucks and get them refinished at your local rhinos/gamestop"

Well, random dude, I either don't have 5 bucks or would rather do it for free and also not spend a fortune on 9 year old xbox games i want to mess around with.

I remember seeing a step by step process on how to do this exactly the way I wanted to, no XBMC, no linux, just getting it to the point where it will read burned cd's, with the unmodified dashboard and no linux or anything.

It required hotswapping the xbox hard drive to a computer with a special bootable cd running to modify some files or something.

Any help with what I need to do? With all the 7th and 8th gen stuff going around I can't find the origional thread.

*bump*

Anyone? Not even 1 reply but the infamous stupid 12 year old who didn't read the post?

OK I'll bite. What does all that rigamaroll do?

What is a rigamaroll?

If you're talking about all the modding and stuff? It lets me play games that I download off TPB and burn with my dvd drive. That's all I want to do, but other people use it for a cheap linux computer, xbmc, and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff that I haven't even looked at.

Back
Top Bottom