Your Religious Views

I believe in Jesus and the Word of God. I believe that God created the heavens and the earth and everything that is in them. I don't think that you could look at the human body and think that we came from a "big bang"; studying our genes, chromosomes, the brain, etc. only proves in my mind that we are wonderfully made. I personally believe (and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs) that we are further proof that God created us. I don't see how we could come from energy being transfromed - it doesn't make sense to me. Also, where did the energy come from to make space, matter, or anything else that created us? Whether you believe in the big bang or creation, there is no proof of either one about where the very beginnings came from. Both take faith to believe in.

However we came to be will be debated for as long as man survives. Scientists are not saying there is no God. They just want to know how it all came about. We are continuously looking for the answer. Probing deeper and deeper in to what makes it work the way it does and where it all began. Either way with the rate of discovery, we will find out one way or another, sooner or later, how it all got started.

For all the big bang theoriest here, I really like the idea about it bouncing. . . .

ie it's probably happened many many times before, it is currently expanding bigger and bigger and 1 day it will stop expanding and start contracting smaller and smaller until it is infinitely small and then boom the big bang happens again and it all begins expanding again . . . .

For all the big bang theoriest here, I really like the idea about it bouncing. . . .

That theory was really popular previously, because we assumed that space was expanding at a decreasing rate (since gravity would be slowing the acceleration and then eventually start contracting the universe again.)

However, it's got much less weight now we know that the opposite is happening - the universe is actually expanding at an *increasing* rate.

That theory was really popular previously, because we assumed that space was expanding at a decreasing rate (since gravity would be slowing the acceleration and then eventually start contracting the universe again.)

However, it's got much less weight now we know that the opposite is happening - the universe is actually expanding at an *increasing* rate.

I was just trying to Google actually, chances are it would be a best guess but do we have an idea of how fast we think the universe is expanding?

I dont hold any religious views im completely atheist . however I subscribe to the mantra that ive got my beliefs your allowed your own .

If you wish to practice a religion , believe in a God , go to church and pray then I would argue all day to defend your right to do so ,

My only problem comes when people preach their religious views to me and try and sell their religion to me and convert me These people then argue that their religion encourages them to do so . Any religion that compels its followers to try and convert nonbelievers is clearly teaching its followers intolerance of others beliefs and is misguided and not worthy of mine or others time .

You want to go to church on Sunday that's cool I would never try and stop you and tell you that your wasting your time etc . however please dont try and judge me or tell me im going to hell etc because I wont accept Jesus into my life .

I would never go and stand outside a church handing out Darwinist literature , or propaganda about the big bang theory .even though I readily accept these things I accept that not everybody does and am completely cool with peoples right to believe otherwise .

religious beliefs are a lot like political affiliations in the sense that many people hold the same political affiliations for years despite numerous and many attempts to change someones political views . they are also a lot like political views in that they are personal and often based off someones life experience . so let me vote for who I want to and do what I like on a Sunday morning and we will get along just fine .

Last edited:
I dont hold any religious views im completely atheist . however I subscribe to the mantra that ive got my beliefs your allowed your own .

If you wish to practice a religion , believe in a God , go to church and pray then I would argue all day to defend your right to do so ,

My only problem comes when people preach their religious views to me and try and sell their religion to me and convert me These people then argue that their religion encourages them to do so . Any religion that compels its followers to try and convert nonbelievers is clearly teaching its followers intolerance of others beliefs and is misguided and not worthy of mine or others time .

You want to go to church on Sunday that's cool I would never try and stop you and tell you that your wasting your time etc . however please dont try and judge me or tell me im going to hell etc because I wont accept Jesus into my life .

I would never go and stand outside a church handing out Darwinist literature , or propaganda about the big bang theory .even though I readily accept these things I accept that not everybody does and am completely cool with peoples right to believe otherwise .

religious beliefs are a lot like political affiliations in the sense that many people hold the same political affiliations for years despite numerous and many attempts to change someones political views . they are also a lot like political views in that they are personal and often based off someones life experience . so let me vote for who I want to and do what I like on a Sunday morning and we will get along just fine .

Don't worry about the ones who try to convert you, just worry about the twisted religious fanatics who will kill you for not believing in their religion/God regardless of your own religious beliefs.

I believe in Jesus and the Word of God. I believe that God created the heavens and the earth and everything that is in them. I don't think that you could look at the human body and think that we came from a "big bang"; studying our genes, chromosomes, the brain, etc. only proves in my mind that we are wonderfully made. I personally believe (and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs) that we are further proof that God created us. I don't see how we could come from energy being transfromed - it doesn't make sense to me. Also, where did the energy come from to make space, matter, or anything else that created us? Whether you believe in the big bang or creation, there is no proof of either one about where the very beginnings came from. Both take faith to believe in.
Hmmm, given that we can already take matter and turn it into energy, eons twins e=mc2 equation is proven, energy and matter are related and we are able to transform them.

Other than that I couldn't agree more.

You can choose to believe there was a Big Bang, and that by luck and by chance the earth formed in the Goldilocks zone, and that by luck and by chance amino acids formed, then bacteria. And evolution through fish and reptiles to mammals and that there was a tiny monkey, that evolved into a bigger monkey that evolved into an even bigger monkey and that evolved into man. All by chance...

Or you can choose to believe a big beardy guy sat down and made it all. Then made man from clay and woman from spare bones,

Or you can go with god created the big bang and guided it all into place so as to look pretty natural, and it's all a test, because god doesn't want you to see proof that he/she exists, because with proof it's not faith is it.

Believing any unproved theory is a form of faith, so if you put your faith in the word of Abraham and his kids (Jewish and by extension Christian, or Jewish and by extension Muslim) that's fine by me, you may also choose the poly god theory with Ganesh and Sheba etc,
Or go with the Buddhist ethereal approach, god is all around in nature etc.

Frankly the older I get the only religious belief that I keep is the shoot them all and let god sort it out belief!

I don't think you should judge people with what they believe in unless it is extreme like killing or torture but what do I know I'm only young :)

Last edited:
I don't think you should judge people with what they believe in unless it is extreme like killing or torture but what do I know I'm only young :)

You're right...

There's nothing wrong with being religious and going to church and stuff. Those people who kill abortion doctors and the "God hates fags" people seriously need to be slapped around, though.

Back
Top Bottom