Should I buy or upgrade?

OK I got your PM and here's what I think. If you are not wanting to build HP makes some boxes that are Intel based and reasonably priced. The second and third gen Intel i5 and i7 CPUs have the 3000 and 4000 HD graphics built in. The graphics are above what you'd expect. Might be able to play games with out having to get a vid card for it right away.
BTW Alienware is DELL now. Over priced when compared to building your own out of state of the art parts. Building your own is really not that complicated. Part A fits in to slot B. That sort of stuff. Hard part is the shopping for all the goodies and making sure they'll play well together.

Thanks for the help.

Anyways may you clear up a misconception I am having? When people say build a computer I envision having to build the frame and do wiring. However, the way I am reading your post it sounds more like a kit. If it is the latter, I might be able to build my own if it is somewhat quick (I do not have much time for a full project).

Oh no man you don't build the case. You buy them already put together.
You install the mother board then the parts plug in to it. A little set screw holds them in place. Install the drives, 4 screws. Plug connector A in to socket B.
Install the operating system.
Enjoy...
It's not complicated. Like I said the shopping part is the hard part.
As for your time constraints, from start to finish 2 to 3 hours. Set aside 4 to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom