Should I buy or upgrade?

Freedomna

Solid State Member
Heya Computer forums, I am Freedomna and quite new to the community but I need your help.

I am currently using an HP-Pavilion with an AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor at 2.3ghz and 7168MB of RAM and my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium (64x). My graphics card is an NVIDIA Geforce 520 with 4047MB V-Ram.

I had this rig for I believe three or four years now and I love Skyrim and other Bethesda games. One problem: Whenever I use an ENB my FPS drops from 60 to about 2, and this is with the low specs one too.

I really want to upgrade this computer, but I am willing to spend up to 3k USD (I would like it though to be 2k-2.5k USD) on a new computer if it is more economical. So if it is possible to upgrade the computer, tell me what I need. If it is better to buy a new one, which one should I get?

Cheers!

Upgrade, but spell it like this...

U P G R A Y E D D

With two Ds for a double dose of pimping.

No, I'm kidding. Just buy a system if you're not good with your hands.

OK I got your PM and here's what I think. If you are not wanting to build HP makes some boxes that are Intel based and reasonably priced. The second and third gen Intel i5 and i7 CPUs have the 3000 and 4000 HD graphics built in. The graphics are above what you'd expect. Might be able to play games with out having to get a vid card for it right away.
BTW Alienware is DELL now. Over priced when compared to building your own out of state of the art parts. Building your own is really not that complicated. Part A fits in to slot B. That sort of stuff. Hard part is the shopping for all the goodies and making sure they'll play well together.

Back
Top Bottom