Upgrading ASUS Notebook Video Card?

Unfortunately, it's very unlikely. Laptops use proprietary video cards that are a non standard form factor and connection, so you can't just buy a new one and slot it in like you can for a desktop. The only hope is that if there's a model that's got a more powerful card with the exact same connection - but even then, transferring it over is more of an academic exercise to see if it'll work rather than anything to be tried in practice (it'll invalidate your warranty for starters.)

False. Many high end laptops use the same video card adapter, its called an XMX adapter or something like that. Only certain video cards will work with certain models though, and for starters you might want to check if your video card is even removable. I'd do a bit of research, and doing some before you buy a new laptop might help too ;)

Okay, so I found out that the video card is soldered onto the board. I know there is a such thing as un-soldering something, so could computer repair places do this and solder another card on there?

Last edited:
If it's possible, which I doubt, you need to have it done by ASUS to keep the warranty intact. Matter of fact you should contact customer service it see if its even possible.

Back
Top Bottom