Beginning Software Programmer

izigga

Solid State Member
I am looking to start computer software and learning about system like objective c and xcode. Where would be a good place to start for me?

Hey,

I find that almost ALL languages are easiest to learn when you have a project in mind that you'd like to complete.

ie I learnt / am still learning objective C as I wanted to design an iPad app that I could use to make sound samples etc.

Then begins the process or using common sense, Google and Youtube to achieve the goals you want.

Apple's Dev centre also has a very good library of content for learning.

One thing I will say is that learning this way may be easier but probably is the most complete learning method, for example I could program you just about anything in C# .net but ask me to define a property, method or instance and I wouldn't be able to tell you because I've never learnt that, I use them all the time but I don't know the terminology for them.

Which is why I suck at development tests unless they say create me "this" in which case i'll be fine.

Hey,

I find that almost ALL languages are easiest to learn when you have a project in mind that you'd like to complete.

ie I learnt / am still learning objective C as I wanted to design an iPad app that I could use to make sound samples etc.

Then begins the process or using common sense, Google and Youtube to achieve the goals you want.

Apple's Dev centre also has a very good library of content for learning.

One thing I will say is that learning this way may be easier but probably is NOT the most complete learning method, for example I could program you just about anything in C# .net but ask me to define a property, method or instance and I wouldn't be able to tell you because I've never learnt that, I use them all the time but I don't know the terminology for them.

Which is why I suck at development tests unless they say create me "this" in which case i'll be fine.

Sorry can't find the edit button. . . .

Added and highlighted the word "NOT".

in probably not the most complete method for learning.

Back
Top Bottom