Monitor any good

emperor76

In Runtime
Okay, so very soon I plan to upgrade my Cibox LW1922C monitor. I was looking at this one, I do have a bit of an obsession with Samsung but I'm willing to deviate given a compelling reason to. So, as the title says, is this any good? Samsung LS20B300NS LED LCD 20" VGA Monitor | Ebuyer.com, or does anyone have any better suggestions for the same price range, really can't afford any more, besides my graphics card probably wouldn't do it justice anyway

not bad, but its gotta out last your graphics card so save an extra £20 an lokk at something like this lg 22" 1080p with tilt stand (that samsung one is fixed)

your current card supports up to 2560x1600, not even sure it has a vga output?

not bad, but its gotta out last your graphics card so save an extra £20 an lokk at something like this lg 22" 1080p with tilt stand (that samsung one is fixed)

your current card supports up to 2560x1600, not even sure it has a vga output?

Thanks, really don't know much about monitors, my graphics card has VGA and HDMI, when I had it on the T.V I used HDMI, I am currently using a VGA cable on the monitor, on the resolutions the highest setting I have got to work with acceptable results is 1280x1024, it says in the settings the highest is 1600x1200, does this change with the monitor? or is it just the graphics card? I have to say the one you pointed out looks very nice, I have also been looking at some Acer one's, not sure if they're any good or not.

yeah it changes with the monitor as it gets the "maximum reported resolution"
Acer seem to be ok but check reviews specific to the model your looking at.

I've had a couple problems with the backlights in my acer monitors going out. These monitors are ancient though so I wouldn't worry. Asus also seems to score high with reviews, and usually have a lot of i/o ports for different graphics cards.

I've had a couple problems with the backlights in my acer monitors going out. These monitors are ancient though so I wouldn't worry. Asus also seems to score high with reviews, and usually have a lot of i/o ports for different graphics cards.

Sorry, meant Asus, massive mistake, the thing that drawn me to Asus is I know they do some good components for desktop computers, their motherboards spring to mind, wasn't sure if the monitors were any good though.

Back
Top Bottom