GTA Vice City won't launch because of this. ):

Assassin111

Solid State Member
I've pumped in about 8 hours of gameplay into GTA VC Steam version, and recently, it hasn't been launching.

This program called "Sonic Cineplayer Decoder Pack" is telling me that I'm missing a CD, and the only way to deal with the issue is to force shut down processes with my Task Manager.

I've searched everywhere in my system to find Sonic to uninstall it, but can't.

HELP!

It seems like it's part of a video player. Do you have anything other than WMP installed? And does anyone watch a lot of videos on the system?

It could be a virus or other irritating softwate. Have you done a virus scan?

Also have you looked in the hidden folders. Depending on your version of windows will depend on how hidden the folders are.

Mossiac

Try getting a backup executive of it.

What do you mean?

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

It seems like it's part of a video player. Do you have anything other than WMP installed? And does anyone watch a lot of videos on the system?

It could be a virus or other irritating softwate. Have you done a virus scan?

Also have you looked in the hidden folders. Depending on your version of windows will depend on how hidden the folders are.

Mossiac

So basically, if I uninstall a video player, that'll help?
I'm on Windows XP.

Not quite. But by the sounds of things it is a third party media player. And enjoy finding the hidden files they are annoying to locate in XP.

Mossiac

There is a setting that allows you to see hidden files. Go into C drive right click on a white part of the window and select properties. It is in there somewhere but its been a long time since I've used XP so not sure exactly where it is. If you get stuck Google.

Mossiac

Back
Top Bottom