Your Religious Views

Believing my daddy was going to give me a horse didn't get me a horse.
Believing my daddy was going to give me a horse because he said so got me a horse.
Believing that being baptized until we know every frog by name doesn't get get us salvation.
Believing "ON" the Lord Jesus Christ gets us salvation because God says so, and we can either trust that, or have only belief.

I appreciate the fact that sometimes brevity and succinctness can go a long way - but in this instance, I honestly haven't got a clue what you're trying to say (know every frog by name?!)

Can you present this a bit more clearly?

"Knowing every frog by name" is simply a reference to having one's head under water a lot.

"Knowing every frog by name" is simply a reference to having one's head under water a lot.

Fair enough, not a reference I'm familiar with - but I still don't really get the point that's trying to be made there? Is it that (according to Christian beliefs) we get salvation because God has told us we will? If so then sure, I completely agree, but I don't get how that makes any points against what I've said already.

yeah, I have no idea what points were made by who, I was just answering the frog analogy question...

I was expecting this to be another internet flame war of the butt hurt people. Apparently people around these parts aren't that immature and I appreciate that.

I was expecting this to be another internet flame war of the butt hurt people. Apparently people around these parts aren't that immature and I appreciate that.

This one seems to have gone better than most so far. Hopefully it stays that way!

Hey Guys,

I'm very curious about peoples religion on this forum.
Please share, your thought and views.

*Note I understand that religion is a sensitive subject therefore I would ask that everyone be respectful of other peoples views and beliefs. Please feel free to ask questions about someone's religion but never go as far to question their religion . . . . if you don't understand the difference between the two you are probably not mature enough to participate in this thread.

Personally I am an atheist or absolutely nothing depending on what way you want to look at it.

I believe in the big bang, the process of evolution and we are where we are.
Then I must try and say, you are not an atheist, if you believe in evolution. Or?
Catholic....but believe in big bang and evolution. Gives me a headache really, to try to sort out my beliefs and the contradictions I sometimes encounter in my head. I struggle sometimes because I pray every night, but then I sit and church and think this is crazy. When my son was born last 2 months ago, I was walking through the hospital and saw their chapel and I had a sudden urge to go thank God for blessing me so much and actually cried while I was there and yet I still believe in evolution and the big bang and all that....and then I turn around and co-chair our Church Festival...like I said my thought and beliefs are pretty confusing.
Hopefully you will find your way :)
Religion we must have to give some purpose for life otherwise anarchy will take over.
This is the only purpose/reason I believe religion exists.

Personally I do not believe in Religion or God so live your life to the fullest, you only live once.

I am saved to the uttermost!

Oh, so you pray to the cows?

Get it....UTTERmost...Utter>Udder...like a cow...get it...oh nevermind..:facepalm:
LOOOOL
I'm pretty sure we've had these threads before, they always start like this and end up going out on wild debates and tangents. I'm fine with that - I wouldn't have my beliefs if I didn't feel I could defend them, and I'm happy to delete any posts which cross the line - but bear in mind what you may be starting!

Me too - but I'm a Christian ;) Personally I just don't see this struggle and incompatibility people claim with Christianity (or religion in general) and scientific progression, and I think some Christians do a great disservice to themselves and others by approaching things this way.

I could (and have in the past) write pages on why my faith is where it is, but suffice to say this is my standpoint!
I feel religion has lost it's meaning. Because from what I understand, religion is an either or thing, like either christian OR evolutionist. Now, this is a question for evolutionists here, if you believe in the big bang, Then how'd did all the water get here? because the big bang comes from a tiny little dot. now, it is not possible in any life form to condense water. How do they now there was a big bang, before the planet was even here? They have no way to say " there was a big bang, that is where everything comes from" Many can argue "well where did God come from?" This is very true, it doesn't make sense to us either, but it is more logical to me, to say that God created all of this, rather then " a big bang happen'd". This is just me though.

Very interesting views coming across!

I spoke to a friend at work yesterday that believes in the big bang, and he was saying we were all present at the big bang. Since scientists say matter can neither be destroyed nor created we were technically all present at the big bang.

Obviously not us, but the bare "elements" that we are made from were all there, nothing was "created" from the big bang, it just changes form.

Back
Top Bottom