PLEASE HELP! What is this noise that is making me want to throw my PC out the window!

stefan-west1

Baseband Member
Please help. I cannot for the life of me work out what is causing this noise. No fans are catching anything and everything still works ok. The sound does go away when I press the side of the case in. But that side of the case is the back and just has a few wires no actual components. When I press the side the sound stops for about an hour then starts again. Please help me with this noise!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9z-GeV9hHM

Last edited:
Sounds like a bearing in one of the fans may have gone bad? Kind of hard to tell...

You're going to have to open up the case and let your ears be your guide. A length of some tubing one end held to your ear and the other end you move around inside the case.
Sounds like either a stuck fan or a transformer is going bad.

Check all the motherboard screws. If one is missing or loose then the board could be vibrating against a standoff or something.

Had a problem similar to this,sounded like a wire hitting the fan,unplugged fan and noise was still there.Turned out the heat sink needed a reseat on the CPU

Back
Top Bottom