Booting

tiggz133

Solid State Member
Can someone help me please? I recently bought 2gb of geil PC2-8500 ram (1gb each) I've tried to boot up the pc and it worked for a couple of days. Now here comes the fun part. It's currently stopped working, I can get to the windows repair screen (sometimes as it picks and chooses) but most of the time I'm stuck where it says verifying dmi, can anybody shed some light on how I can get my computer to boot again as I'm getting frustrated with it :/ it's been stuck on this screen for the last hour!

image-197079866.jpg

What was the old ram you had it it? Have you tried to install the old ram back to see if it boots up?

I have tried the old ram and it still won't boot.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Now when I boot I get power to all the fans but I don't get the beeping sound

Have you tried taking out the CMOS battery on the MB and unplug the computer and hold down the power button to reset the CMOS? Does it slow the POST screen?

Yeah if it isnt posting and you have reseted cmos then id say your right. Is it still in warranty?

Nope, but I was looking at getting an upgrade so no big deal. What's the best motherboard to get if I'm gaming?

Back
Top Bottom