CD drive not working

shadowx

Beta member
Hi i have a problem using my CD drive a (tsstcorp cddvdw ts-l633a) on my laptop . it doesnt read/burn CD/DVD's .I used microsoft support and google about fixing my registry and did everything they were suggesting but still it doesnt work.
Laptop specs : Windows vista home premium SP2 32 bit
dual core 2.10Ghz 4gb ram

plz help
Thanks in advance

Has it ever worked? Have you tried multiple CDs/DVDs? Is it a DVD drive or just CD drive?

Has it ever worked? Have you tried multiple CDs/DVDs? Is it a DVD drive or just CD drive?

Yes it was working in the past while i had vista also installed and i tryed different CD's dvd's as well .It just sometime suddenly it stoped reading but it makes sounds like its spining

Could be the laser is bad? You could uninstall the drivers, unplug it from the mobo ( plug it back in :D), then install the drivers again. Just troubleshooting ideas :)

You might also want to open up the CD tray and blow out the inside of the drive with canned air. Could just be dirty...

Ok let's take it from the top. What laptop is it? Brand and model please. Hard to seriously trouble shoot a problem if you don't know what it's plugged in to.

Back
Top Bottom