WiFi connectivity irritating issue.

Manulin

Solid State Member
Okay so this problem started a few months ago but i'm getting sick of it. I'm on a desktop computer located in my room, which is connected (or should be) to the wireless router in my living room. The thing is, SOMETIMES i am able to connect and stay connected some minutes, maybe hours or days, but i always end up disconnecting and i have no idea why. I tried tweaking some options in the network adapter configuration but nothing worked. Please tell me what information i can provide so that you can help me further. Thank you.

PS: I'm using windows 7, and this problem started when we swapped our bandwidth for another one, however, the rest of the devices work fine in the entire house (macbooks, ipods, iphones).

Do the other devices work from your room? Put them on the desk where your computer is and see if they stay connected.

What security do you use on your wireless signal?
What kind of wireless adapter do you have?
What if you move the desktop closer to the router? (this will tell us if it's the signal strength or the adapter)

Even my iPod works in the same place as the computer, and its wi fi range is rather low. The singal is using WPA-Personal security. I have the encore WE8188REx network adapter.

I'll check if there are any driver updates for my net adapter before i try moving the computer, that would take me quite some time so it's the last thing i'd try.

I need a solution, as i'm still struggling with this problem. I couldn't find any drivers, and my dvd/cd is dead..

If your optical drive is dead along with the problem you're having with the wifi makes it sound more like a mother board or maybe even a power supply problem.

If your optical drive is dead along with the problem you're having with the wifi makes it sound more like a mother board or maybe even a power supply problem.

Agreed, do you have any temperature sensors/controls available? Over-heating could cause these sorts of issues quite easily.

I meant to say the disk is broken. My motherboard and the power supply both were bought 4 months ago, so they're quite new.

I couldn't find that wireless automatic config you talk about in the windows services, and i have no idea what i should do about the second solution you listed.

Back
Top Bottom