Need help picking my parts

jaywash

Baseband Member
I want to build a Desktop computer to replace my old and now dying laptop. The problem is I don't know much about hardware and what is compatible with what, so I was hoping some people here could lend me a hand.
I'm looking to spend around $500 on the parts, not including monitor, mouse and keyboard. I'm not hoping for a super awesome desktop, just one that has better stats than my laptop
(Processor: AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-75 2.20GHz, RAM: 3.00 GB 2.75 GB usable, 32-bit operating system.) <--That's all my computer tells me so if other info is required please tell me how to find it haha.

I'm pretty sure $500 can get me something better than that.

So hopefully someone can get the the best bang for my buck, if not well at least i tried haha.

[ADDITIONAL INFO] I'm ordering from New Egg, don't know if that makes a difference.

The specs are listed for each individual component, not for the whole computer. It has a dual-core processor (same as your laptop), but it is running at a higher clock speed. It has 8 GB of RAM instead of 3, which is a nice upgrade. It also has a 2TB hard drive, which I'm sure is bigger than your laptop.

Don't forget that you will also need to buy an operating system.

Back
Top Bottom