Press Any key to boot from cd (Random Symbols)

PatrykJM

Baseband Member
Hey Forum,
Some of you might remember when i posted about the no beeps and no post problem? Well i fixed that (It was the screws you guys were right :D)
But now i have a problem booting my ORIGINAL Copy of Windows XP Professional. I Ran MAc OSX On this PC Before and im actually posting from it right now. but when i go to boot from cd i get : "Press any key to boot from CD" *I Press enter* "press any key to boot from CD (Random 4 symbols probably made from alt codes) its this one set of symbols constantly when i try to install xp.
Ive never had this problem before but i would like to revert to XP as Mac is Terrible i would not advise it to any of you.
The CD Does have a few scratches but it worked fine when i was trying it out for a mate.
Im very sure that the Hard drive is fine as it passes CHDSK and is brand new, Connects as FAT32 to my Laptop and has never been displayed as RAW.
Any Suggestions?
Cheers.:lol:

I would try to create an image out of the XP disc, and re burn it to a new CD or DVD.

I have actually had a similar problem with an .ISO on a DVD, my PC wouldn't read it during an install from the CD drive. But oddly enough it was able to copy the entire .ISO to the hdd and I just used a CD drive emulator to install it from the image.

Back
Top Bottom