Vista not recognizing monitor but Fedora is

ale101

Baseband Member
Hey guys my pc is running a dual boot, one is Vista and the other is Fedora....For some reason Fedora boots up and recognizes the TV that it is connected to it and displays the image perfectly...whereas when i boot with Vista everything appears untill the bootscreen and then it says no signal: not supported....However if i run it in safe mode it will display. Not really sure what to do the connection by the way is vga, doesnt make sense to me.

In the display properties, make sure the other monitor is detected and multiple displays is set to extend.

Hey I only have the one display hooked up I can boot into fedora and see the display fine but if I boot into vista it won't recognize is there anyway to fix this without another monitor

Reinstall your GPU drivers under Vista (in safe mode) and see if anything changes.

can i download the gpu drivers online ? and put it on a usb then boot to safe mode and try install from there? ....Thanks for the responses guys i was away for a bit

If you can access the Fedora files while in Vista safe mode then download in Fedora. Reboot into Vista safe mode. Navigate to the according file. And install.

Mossiac

I booted into safe mode and had the ati catalyst (driver package) when i click install it starts but then says failed error about driver detection. Any other ideas? When i look in device manager there is no exclammation mark or anything near the display adapter however i have one for video controller under other devices

Safe mode inhibits some of the startup programs and services. It is a trouble shooting tool. Most likely the reason the driver won't install in safe mode is it is needing a dll or service that is not enabled.
Video controller? Hmmm... Get the mother board drivers and install them in normal mode. Sounds like they were never installed or they are not compatible with the version of the driver you're trying to install.

Back
Top Bottom