Moving system with tower style heat sink

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I'm wondering how to pack my computer so the rough ride from here back to the real world isn't so hard on the cooler.
The metal for the retainer bracket is flexible so I'm concerned about the washboard ride over the 19 mile bridge working it loose. I was considering getting a small pillow and working that into the cavity to the right and below it. I'll have to remove the vid card to do that. Then putting a thick piece of foam padding to the left between the fans.
But I was wondering if that's going to be enough. I have the box and packing the case came in and will be putting her in that for the ride. Something to be said for saving the boxes things come in.
Comments?

Thought about it but nixed that idea. Thought about filling it up with packing peanuts but that's static central. Thought about shredded newspaper but don't have any.
So last night at Wally World I picked out 4 very small all cotton pillows I'm going to stuff in.
I'll check it over when I get to where I'm going and adjust or fix what get wonkered. The rest of the trip won't be so bad it's just the long ass bridge going over lake Ponchartrain is a serious washboard. Billed as the longest bridge in the world it spans roughly 24 miles. Better drain your kidneys before you get on that beast.

If you lay the machine on its side so that the cooler is standing up, you shouldn't have a problem.

Just lie it on its side on something soft and drive carefully, drive like you have chinese takeout sitting on your front seat...lol.

1 - Take it off
2 - Wouldn't pillow's have a little bit of static electricity?
3 - Having the computer on it's side it should be fine enough, but then again I don't need a backplate for my tower heatsink so it could probably need it >.>

Normally I wouldn't be concerned. I'd just slide it the box the case came in and lay it on its side in the back seat. But it may have to ride in the bed of the truck and that's a rough ride. The old company pickups ride like tanks to start with.
Thanks for all your input guys. I'll figure some thing out.

Back
Top Bottom