PC "Freezing" Problem

FireDust

In Runtime
Hey guys, now I've been here for a while. I've even posted my rig into the Hardware section. But now I have a problem.
This was happening on my old rig, and I though that its just because... it was old...
But now I've build a whole new PC, I got a new OS and everything. Sometimes mostly after few hours of working on PC (I think that Google Chrome is the issue), it starts slowing down. Not like I get worse performance or anything, my PC is a beast, but it just gets into some "mode" that it launches an basic application for like 30 seconds. For example I want to open a new tab in google chrome, it does nothing for like 10 seconds and then it loads it in few miliseconds like usual. Do you know what program would be the problem? As i've said, I had this problem even on my older pc, so its not a wrongly installed OS or anything like that...

My Rig:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K - OC to 4.2GHz
- CPU Cooler: H80i
- MotherBoard: ASUS P8Z77 - V Deluxe
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz CL10
- Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX
- GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti - Twin Frozr
- SSD: Corsair Force GT - 120GB (OS and some Drivers only)
- HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB (All my crap, games, skype, steam, just everything else)
- PSU: Corsair CX750M - Modular
- Fans: CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm x3
- Optical Drive: ASUS DRW-24B5ST
- Card Reader: NZXT Aperture M
- Fan Controller: AeroCool V12XT
- Case: Zalman Z11 - Plus << - Really bad case, But really cheap...

> Sorry for my grammar, my first language isn't English. <

Well with an issue like that I would normally say a fresh install, bit as you had the problem before I think it is a program or two causing the issue.

Create a restore point. Then start with scanning for viruses, run, C Cleaner as well.

Then have a look in your program lost to see if there is anything that shouldn't be there (toolbars etc.)

If you don't find anything, or uninstalling those doesn't help, then start to uninstall some other programs. Start with the program you are most suspicious about.

Hope this makes sense for you and solves the problem.

Mossiac

Find the common program you have been using as long as you have had the problem over both machines and get rid of it. That is a beast of a machine, and nothing should take 30 seconds to startup on it. Personally I think Google Chrome is garbage, I use FF and when it doesn't have a ton of addons its as fast as any other, but I do like my addons so I have to put up with 5 or 6 seconds before a first launch, worth it in my eyes though.

Back
Top Bottom