Best brand of laptop in order

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Been looking around at laptops and am wondering what people think is the best to worst brand of laptop.

This would be my order

Top 4
Sony
Samsung
Toshiba
Lenovo

Then HP/Compaq, Acer, Dell, Asus

Disregarding Apple what from experience in terms of repairs and support is the best brand of laptop to go for ?

I have had incredible good use out of both of my HP laptops. One is a DV6205us going on 6 years old now. Still runs perfectly.
My G7 is just over a year old and purring like a kitten. I take good care of my girls and in return they last and last and last.

Last edited:
I find that when asked what I recommend for laptops, the thing I usually tell people, is don't get Toshiba, but a lot of people really like them. The limited experience I have with them, is that they are cheaply built and break more often than other brands.

I like Lenovo/IBM and Acer best myself.

I personally don't like HP - the two I have had run incredibly hot and one had a flickering screen issue. I like Lenovo and Asus as my top 2 (if i'm not including Apple.)

In terms of laptops I've dealt with:

Dell
Lenovo/IBM
Samsung
A piece of folded cardboard with a drawing of a keyboard on one half
HP/Compaq
Gateway

Well I've dealt with most major brands and I have to say:

Asus
Acer
HP/Compaq
Lenovo
Toshiba
Dell

I have my ASUS K43U that I've had for over a year now and is still going strong and I've had 2 other ASUS laptops in the past and have been very good. I like HP/Compaq as well as they've lasted a long time and I haven't had much trouble with them.

Last edited:
Been looking around at laptops and am wondering what people think is the best to worst brand of laptop.

This would be my order

Top 4
Sony
Samsung
Toshiba
Lenovo

Then HP/Compaq, Acer, Dell, Asus

Disregarding Apple what from experience in terms of repairs and support is the best brand of laptop to go for ?

a little different, my top 4
Sony
Lenovo
Toshiba
Acer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom