Amazon Query

Mossiac

In Runtime
Hi guys

As with most posts I pose a question.

Why have Amazon shunned Googles own apps? (Youtube, maps, google plus and so on)

I have spent quite some time on the internet trying to get an answer and all I get are ways to root the Kindle and "must have" apps.

Any thougts?

Mossiac

That is just about Amazon not paying Google to be listed on the shop search.

You don't think those are related?

I'm assuming you're talking about the kindle tablets since that's really the only thing that'd make sense with your question.

But basically, Amazon doesn't need Google. Why should they integrate Google applications into their products? With the web browser built into most of those products an app isn't really required.

Yes sorry I am talking about the Kindle Fire tablet.

And most of the Google apps aren't an issue for me really but some of them make sense. For example Google Drive is quite popular. I use Google Drive quite a bit. I find the the mobile site dreadful to navigate and the Fire can't handle the desktop site very well.

And no it doesn't because the Kindle Fire uses andriod. It is also aimed a lot at entertainment. So Youtube would make sense. Also quite a few Youtube videos aren't supported on the mobile site, and as Flash Player is fading away the desktop site doesn't work.

Mossiac

Yes, flash is going away, in favour if HTML 5

Did you ever wonder how google pays its bills? I mean it offers free services.

When you have figured out just how much money is in advertising, and how advertisers want user data, and want to know about everything we do so that they can better focus their adverts. Then you'll understand why apple maps replaced google maps (location data) you'll understand why kindle want their own apps or their slant on apps so they know what you're buying etc. not just making a device and handing over all that lucrative data to google by promoting the google play store and all it's apps.

The answer to your question is pretty simple. "Money"

And that is my point. Amazon have used Android which is Googles OS. So why didn't Google get a bit more money and make Amazon have the apps?

Mossiac

And that is my point. Amazon have used Android which is Googles OS. So why didn't Google get a bit more money and make Amazon have the apps?

Mossiac

Because the entire point of Android is to be so customizable that you can do whatever your device needs it too. The original nook multi-media tablets did the same thing, and I'd imagine the new Nvidia Shield doesn't have gmail or youtube apps on them.

Back
Top Bottom